3 Options to Send and Receive Email
How to decide the best email to use?
You have various options to use for your email. So how do you decide what works best for you?
1. When you set up an account with an Internet service provider (ISP), you are given one or more email addresses with your account.
Over the years you might change Internet Providers, so you might not choose this as your primary email address. If you feel you will stay with the same Internet Provider, this could be a choice for you. Some things to consider are:
- What if you move?
- Will this same company be available in the new location? We moved to a location that has mainly one Internet provider. It was not the one we had been using for years.
- Will you find a better value with another provider even if you do not move?
2. Or, you can use a free email service such as Yahoo or Gmail (Google’s email). This can enable you to stay with one address and stay connected with friends and family over the years. One thing to consider is: Do you want to see ads on the screen? (You can pay a fee to remove ads.)
3. Additionally, if you have an Internet site, you can set up email addresses with your web address. This is for customers to stay in contact with you. Or if you work for a company, you probably will have an email address assigned to you there.
You might see an advantage to have more than one email address, so you might use more than one option.
What email program do you use?
Post your comments below.