Notepad dictation on your iPad or iPhone. As you talk your phone will type what you say. This can be handy not only for when you cannot type. You can let your creativity flow and keep going without stopping to type. I typed up instructions for a friend on how to dictate and then use it on a computer. So I thought I would share it here.
Speak to type
Here are the instructions:
- Open Notepad on your device.
- Press the square with a pencil in it to create a new note.
- The keyboard will pop up. To the left of the space bar, press on the microphone.
- As you speak it will type what you say. You can say “period” at the end of a sentence if you want punctuation added.
- Press done once you are through.
- You need to closely read and make any corrections. Or you can make corrections later on your computer.
- To send this note to an email, press the rectangle with an arrow.
- Press mail.
- Type in the email address you want to send the note to.
- Press send.
- Open your email program on your computer.
- Look in the sent folder.
- Open the email you sent.
- Select the text and copy it into the program you want to use.
Visit Apple’s “Dictate” tutorial page.
Have you used the microphone in Notes?
Post your comments below.